IS A MAID RIGHT FOR YOUR HOME?
The last two decades have seen a change in how cleaning is done. Today, many people prefer to hire a maid for their homes as opposed to carrying out the cleaning themselves.
At some point, you may wonder if you should hire a maid to help you with housekeeping tasks especially with the many responsibilities associated with adulthood.
You need to consider the benefits that are associated with hiring a maid and the drawbacks too. This will help you make a decision based on what is best for you.
BENEFITS OF HIRING A MAID
- More free time. Cleaning your house is not something you can accomplish within 10 minutes if you want good results. It requires time and effort. When you hire a maid, you can spend the free time you have with your loved ones. You can take this time to relax, pamper yourself, meditate, read a book or watch a movie. Therefore, you will have sufficient time to enjoy life in general.
- Peace of mind. This mostly applies to mothers or people who have a lot to do. As a mother, you are always thinking of your next task and when you will accomplish it. There are so many things to do; the list is endless. You do not have to add house chores to that list once you have a maid because that will be taken care of. When that burden is lifted, you will direct your focus to your work and other things.
- Cleaner & healthier home. Let’s just be real for a moment. You will never clean your house as well as a professional maid does. It is just not possible because these people have superior cleaning equipment and products that most of us do not purchase for our homes. Also, they know how to use them not to mention that they are familiar with the correct cleaning procedures. Therefore, if you want your home to be cleaner and healthier, simply hire a maid.
DRAWBACKS OF HIRING A MAID
- Cost. If you are looking to hire a maid, be prepared to part with cash especially for the experienced ones. Do not even waste time comparing the cost of hiring a maid and of doing the cleaning yourself. Hiring a professional maid is more costly. However, how much you’ll pay for the maid depends on some factors such as the size of your home, location and whether or not you have any special cleaning requests.
- Trust. Most of the time a housemaid will do the cleaning when you are not around. Therefore, you need to trust them with your home. Some maids are great and will not break your trust. However, others may not be so loyal, and others may engage in some activities in your home when you are absent that you will not like. It is a risk that comes with hiring a maid.
- Professionals clean differently. Your home is your mansion and your haven and it is understandable that you may like things done in a particular way. However, you need to know that professionals clean their way and use their products which may be different from yours. You can teach them how you would like them to use a particular product or how they can clean in a specific way and this requires patience. If not, then maybe hiring a maid isn’t for you.
When you consider these factors, you will know if hiring a maid for your home is the best move for you or not.
Your decision to hire a maid or not should not impact your decision to schedule professional carpet cleaning each year. When the time comes to remove deep, embedded dirt from the carpets in your home, call Arevalo Bros Chem-Dry at (708) 795-5932 for an appointment. Learn more here.